Can a Chiropractor Help with Knee Pain?
The benefits and effectiveness of chiropractic to treat musculoskeletal injuries are well-established. No matter where you have that acute pain or stiffness. Chiropractors these days are doing a great job of handling those problems. They do it combined with regular medical prescriptions.
As we talk about musculoskeletal pains. I think we all can agree that our knees are one of those areas that get affected frequently. Because we have to move it constantly. So, in this article, I’ll discuss and break down the probable causes of knee pains, their effects. Lastly, how can a chiropractor help with knee pain with different methods. So without wasting any time, let’s begin.
The Most Common Causes of Knee Pain
Our knees are one of the most used parts of the body. It also plays a crucial role in any movement throughout our body. There are quite many reasons your knee can hurt, but here are some of the most common causes.
- Bursitis – The most common reason if you are having knee pain all of a sudden. Bursitis, in most cases, is caused by overusing knees and kneeling. Also for bending down at a constant position for a long time.
- Strain – Another common reason that can cause pain in any part of our body. Strain is caused by a sudden and unnatural twist of the knee.
- Torn ligaments – There are four ligaments that bind our knees. All of which are injury possibilities. You are probably familiar with the most common one known as ACL (anterior cruciate ligament), and tear in this ligament can be a possible cause of knee pain.
- Cartilage tears – Cartilage is a firm set of tissues that work as a shock absorber in our knee joints. A tear or fracture there can cause knee pain. Which happens more frequently with older people.
- Dislocation or fracture of knee caps – Our knee caps, also known as the patella, is the joining point of different muscle and ligaments. Due to injury or any unnatural movement, your kneecap can get fractured or dislodged. That causes knee pain.
- Rheumatoid arthritis – It’s an autoimmune inflammatory disorder. Due to which our immune system attacks the tissues in our knees, affecting the joint areas.
- Patellar tendinitis – This one is familiar to the bursitis I discussed earlier. Patellar tendinitis is also caused by overuse of the patellar tendon. This problem is mostly seen among athletes.
The Effects of Knee Pain
As you have probably assumed, there are different classifications of knee pain. Though not all of them are serious ones. However, leaving any of those types can further affect your body in the wrong way. A handful of knee pains are caused by medical conditions. Then the pain just grows with each passing day.
If you are an athlete or fall under the category of older people, knee pain is an alarming signal for you. As mentioned before, it can be a severe medical condition that can affect your carrier or ability to move later on.
How can Chiropractors Address Knee Pain to Help
If you were asking how can chiropractors fix knee problems, this part of the article will answer that. Several chiropractic techniques can be used by practicing chiropractors to address your knee problem. Let’s have a quick look at them.
Spinal adjustment – A spinal adjustment, also known as chiropractic knee adjustment, is a way of manipulating your body posture and realigning the joints of the knees. Over time, it reduces the unnecessary joint restrictions and heals your pain. Spinal decompression Longview TX is reputed clinic for spine adjustment in Texas.
Trigger point therapy – Trigger points (TrP) are referred to spots with muscle bands on our skeletal muscle. There are several trigger points around our knees, and a chiropractor determines where the problem is. Then he provides you with a deep tissue massage on that trigger point, solving the issue.
Posture Correction – A bad posture can be a potential reason for various joint pains in your body, not only for the knees. A chiropractor for knee pain can help you correct it by making adjustments starting from your shoulders and other joints and, lastly, recommending the best posture according to your body.
Low-level laser therapy – Also referred to as LLLT or cold laser, it’s comparatively a newer technique used in chiropractic to heal injuries and chronic pain. This therapy uses near infra-red light to provide cells with the energy to restore the damaged and injured tissues in your knee area.
Ultrasound therapy – For this process, therapeutic ultrasound passes through our skin to improve our joint function. The vibrations caused by the sound heat among the issues to generate more blood flow. The higher blood flow then increases the oxygen level and other fluids, healing damaged tissues in your knee.
Here we are at the end of the article. I hope this blog was helpful enough to tell you about some of the most frequent causes of knee pains. As you can see, many of the reasons can be avoided if we are careful about ourselves.
Besides, if you were confused can a chiropractor help with knee pain, the explanation of how chiropractors will address the pain should clear that confusion in some way too. So if you are suffering from knee pain, it’s high time you should take an appointment with a chiropractor and try to get rid of your nagging knee pain as soon as possible.
In above discussion we learn only chiropractic care for Knee pain. Can also learn about medical care for this sector here.